Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Patterns

 I don't know exactly where I was when I took this picture. It is some where on the OSU campus. I was looking down when I was walking and saw it. The paths pattern is similar to that of a wall but it doesn't have mooter between the brick. I think that we over look how pattern in one location can mean something totally different in another location.

 This was taken at my house over the weekend. It is the fabric that I used for my window dressing. I like this because it had the colors I wanted and with the diamond pattern gave it a little bit more of a roughed feel to it. More so than if it was smooth.
 This was also taking at my house. It is of a chain link fence. I was draw to it for a few reasons one I helped to put it up. It also reminds me of medieval chain mil and of my window covering with the diamond pattern.
 This was taken between classes it is the back of Hopkins Hall. I found this interesting because the space between windows is different there is a wide then narrow space. Instead of having wider windows and the same distance between every window.
This was taken on campus I was thinking about tire patterns. Tire tread has a pattern so that it can move easily through different landscapes. Think it is cool that in mud, dirt, or snow it leaves it pattern on the surface so that you can look back and see where you have been.
This picture was taking of a brick wall of a building near Hopkins Hall. I was drawn to this wall because it is more than just the normal brick pattern. The bricks are turned vertical and cut down smaller.
This is that stair way in Hopkins Hall between classes. I was drawn to this because of this it is simple and there is two patterns in one place the vertical pattern of the color. Also the pattern of the strips made up of the squares. 
 This is the pattern on my ceiling. I was looking up when I thinking about some thing. So I got a picture of it. It is an interesting pattern because it is not consistent pattern.

I took this over the week. It is of a basket I was drawn to it because it is a interwoven pattern that made it have a cool texture and look.

This is of the rafters in side Hopkins Hall. I found it neat how just the distance between the rafter made a pattern and the hangers being on ever other rafter.

No comments:

Post a Comment