Monday, January 24, 2011

Ch 4-6

In chapter 4 "A major constraint on design is presented by legislation on a variety of matters that might not specifically mention design, but set tight parameters for performance." I had never thought about what kind of criteria that designs were held to. I find this very interesting because even if you have a wonderful design if it doesn't comply to the constraints of the legislation the design is therefor worth less. This could effect all design field. The majority falling on the interior space and industrial designers. Also how in different societies there is different regulation to comply to. I can see this being very difficult for a designer to create some that complies to all the different regulation in the world.
At the end of chapter 5 where they are talking about the role of communication I found fascinating because I had though of how other societies and culture influenced the way we communicate. For example how we say Whats Up? instead stead What are you doing? You could talk about music country music of to has change to more of a hip-hop feel to the beat and went away from the twang that used to be country. I guess what I am trying to say is that we change and adapt are forms to fit the dimicrafic we are trying to  communicate with and we pull from things know, learned, seen, and heard.
Chapter 6 "Enviroments are a frameworks for activities, significantly affecting patterns of use, behavior, and expectations in home life, work, leisure, and a range of commercial ventures." I can see how enviroments  can be use as a blue print on how to manage space. I think the objects within the in enviroments play a larger  role in defining expectaions and behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment